National Health Care Decision Day Program, April 16, 2019
Register online: https://HealthCareDecisionday19.eventbrite.com
• Tim Cox (moderator), Senior Director, Home Based -Post Acute Care Evaluation and
Oversight, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
• Geoff Coleman, MD, MHA, Chief Medical Officer, Montgomery Hospice
• Livleen Gill, CEO, Bethesda Newtrition and Wellness Solutions
• Jeff Goldman, Director, Nexus Montgomery Regional Partnership/Vice President Population
Health, Primary Care Coalition
• Margie Hackett, RN, Transition Guide Nurse Manager, Readmissions Initiative, Suburban
• Henry Willner, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
Coalition Creates More User Friendly Advance Directives Form
The Coalition created a new, user-friendly advance directive form. It allows users to designate a health care agent. When individuals cannot make their own medical decisions, the health care agent is the person who makes these decisions. Please refer to Forms page to access this form in English and other languages.
Coalition advocates for passage and implementation of medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (MOLST) in Maryland
MOLST forms are medical orders for treatment that are transferal across treatment settings. Research shows that using such forms increases the likelihood that patients receive the care they would choose for themselves.